Yobe State is located in the Northeastern geopolitical zone. The state was created on 27 August 1991. The state borders the Nigerian States of Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, and Jigawa. It also borders Diffa and Zinder Regions in the Republic of Niger.
It is an agrarian State with deposits of several mineral resources making it a potential area in agribusiness and mining.
The State is nicknamed “Pride of the Sahel”.
Yobe State Snapshot
- Total land area: 46,609 Km2
- Capital: Damaturu
- Population: 3,532,989 (Male- 1,801,824 and Female- 1,731,164)
- Vegetation: Sudan and Sahel Savannah
- Major crops: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnuts, Cowpeas, Maize, Sesame, Beef, Dairy, Livestock, Gum Arabic and Cotton.
- Solid minerals: Diatomite, Silica Sand, Gypsum, and Clay.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
Yobe State is located in the northeastern region of Nigeria and is known for its rich cultural heritage, historical landmarks, and natural resources. It is divided into local government areas (LGAs), each with its own administrative headquarters. In this article, we provide a comprehensive list of all the LGAs in Yobe State, along with their respective headquarters.
Yobe has 17 Local Government Areas (LGAs), each with its own unique characteristics and attributes. These LGAs play a crucial role in the governance and administration of the state. Here is a list of the 17 Local Government Areas in Yobe State:
- Bade LGA
- Busari LGA
- Damaturu LGA
- Fika LGA
- Fune LGA
- Geidam LGA
- Gujba LGA
- Gulani LGA
- Jakusko LGA
- Karasuwa LGA
List of Towns and Villages in Yobe State
List of Yobe State’s 17 Local Government Areas with their Headquarters
Here is a comprehensive table listing all the LGAs in Yobe State along with their headquarters:
Description of LGAs and Headquarters:
- Headquarters: Gashua
- Located in the northern part of Yobe State, Bade LGA is known for its agricultural activities, with farming and fishing being the primary occupations of the people.
- Headquarters: Geidam
- Geidam town serves as the administrative headquarters of Bursari LGA. It is known for its historical significance and is home to several archaeological sites.
- Headquarters: Damaturu
- Damaturu, the state capital, is the headquarters of Damaturu LGA. It is a bustling city with a vibrant commercial and administrative center.
- Headquarters: Potiskum
- Potiskum, one of the major towns in Yobe State, serves as the headquarters of Fika LGA. It is a significant commercial hub and a center for agricultural activities.
- Headquarters: Damagum
- Damagum town serves as the administrative headquarters of Fune LGA. The area is known for its historical significance and cultural heritage.
- Headquarters: Geidam
- Geidam town is the administrative headquarters of Geidam LGA. It is located in the northeastern part of Yobe State.
- Headquarters: Buni Yadi
- Buni Yadi serves as the headquarters of Gujba LGA. The town is known for its educational institutions, including the Federal Government College, Buni Yadi.
- Headquarters: Gulani
- Gulani town serves as the administrative headquarters of Gulani LGA. It is predominantly an agricultural area, with farming being the primary occupation.
- Headquarters: Jakusko
- Jakusko town is the administrative headquarters of Jakusko LGA. The area is known for its agricultural activities, particularly the cultivation of crops such as millet and sorghum.
- Headquarters: Karasuwa
- Karasuwa town serves as the administrative headquarters of Karasuwa LGA. Agriculture is a major economic activity in this area.
- Headquarters: Machina
- Machina town is the administrative headquarters of Machina LGA. The town is known for its traditional crafts, including pottery and weaving.
- Headquarters: Nangere
- Nangere town serves as the headquarters of Nangere LGA. It is an agricultural area, with farming being the primary occupation of the people.
- Headquarters: Nguru
- Nguru town is the administrative headquarters of Nguru LGA. It is an important trading center and a hub for agricultural activities.
- Headquarters: Potiskum
- Potiskum, the commercial capital of Yobe State, also serves as the headquarters of Potiskum LGA. The town is known for its vibrant markets and industrial activities.
- Headquarters: Tarmuwa
- Tarmuwa town is the administrative headquarters of Tarmuwa LGA. The area is known for its agricultural activities, particularly the cultivation of grains and vegetables.
- Headquarters: Yunusari
- Yunusari town serves as the headquarters of Yunusari LGA. It is an agricultural area with farming and animal husbandry as the main economic activities.
- Headquarters: Yusufari
- Yusufari town is the administrative headquarters of Yusufari LGA. It is located in the eastern part of Yobe State and is known for its fishing activities.
Yobe State is home to several local government areas, each with its own unique characteristics and administrative headquarters. This article has provided a comprehensive list of all the LGAs in Yobe State, along with their respective headquarters. For more information about Yobe State and its local government areas, you can refer to the official website of the Yobe State Government or reliable sources on Nigerian geography.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on the knowledge available up to January 2023, and there may have been changes in administrative divisions since then. It is always recommended to verify the latest information from official sources or the Yobe State Government website mentioned above.